120 employees are assigned to the logistics centre, located in Bjerkvik, 18 kilometres north of Narvik city centre. The logistics centre will handle 1.3 million packages and over 50 000 tonnes of freight per year. The centre also offers storage services and temperature-controlled transport.
"It is a milestone for Posten Norge to have now consolidated our entire logistics operation in Lofoten, Vesterålen, Harstad, Narvik and Indre Troms," says Tone Wille. "This benefits our customers, partners, employees and the whole region."
Posten chose to locate in Bjerkvik because it is a central traffic hub in the region.
"This is a region where economic activity is showing a positive trend. There is no reason to believe that the future will be any less exciting. The region is centrally located in northern Norway, where business is steadily growing. The need for fast, environmentally friendly and high-quality logistics services will increase. Our ambition is that Posten and Bring will give our customers the most attractive service offering," says Wille.
The logistics centre is one of 18 that Posten Norge is establishing around Norway. They will provide the Group with an industrial-scale and efficient logistics network.
Posten and Bring's Narvik Logistics Centre
- Located in Bjerkvik in Narvik Municipality.
- In operation from spring 2017.
- Covers 6 000 square metres.
- Will serve Lofoten, Vesterålen, Harstad, Narvik and Indre Troms.
- Will handle 1.3 million packages and over 50 000 tonnes of freight per year.
- 120 employees are assigned to the logistics centre.
- Replaces two terminals in Narvik, and terminals in Leknes, Sortland and Harstad.